Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry & Bright layout with process video

Its time for another free sketch from Nuts about Sketches. This week is a single page layout and I decided to use a large star that I had cut in my stash for the background instead of the smaller circles.




The title is cut on my new silhouette. I'm lovin it! Audrey shared a free cut file on My Scraps and More and once I played some I went straight to it to try. It cut beautifully. Be sure to grab the free file if you haven't already. 

I decided to keep the background soft and pretty much all tone on tone so that my son in his red Mickey Christmas outfit would be the center of attention. I added three red brads to help tie it all in and draw even more emphasis to him. 

Here is the process video for it and I included a bonus lesson on sewing on your layouts I've had several questions and while I'm no seamstress I thought I'd share how I do it. I hope it helps those that were wanting more information. If you have mores questions just let me know and I'll try to help. 

If you're reading in email click the link to watch the process video.  Merry & Bright Process Video





Here are some close ups. 






I'm also entering this in the MSAM 12 Days of Christmas challenge 11 - use song lyrics. 

Supply list with links -

Bo Bunny A Gift of Love
MSAM free cut file

Hugs
TinaGAle

No comments: