Monday, December 8, 2014

Books Are For Reading plus Process Video

I'm back with another layout for Nuts About Sketches. This sketch was a lot of fun to work with. I cropped two photos down and then matted as one and used a wood veneer 3x4 card for the other photo placement. As soon as I received this 3x4 card I knew I wanted to use it with these photos of my kids.  They were constantly emptying the bookshelves to read all the books and I caught them using the bookshelf as a bunk bed this day. Too cute! I combined alpha buttons and two other alpha stickers to make up the title 'Books are for reading, not for bookshelves'.






If you're reading in email click on the link to watch the process video for this layout.


Some Close ups,
I used stamped images for my embellishments and pop dotted them up. Using a few markers I very lightly added some color to them. I didn't want them to stand out too much but wanted a bit of color.



The alpha buttons add a pop of color to carry the red through the layout and a bit of fun as well.






Supplies with links:
Paper -
Studio Calico Yearbook
October Afternoon
Alpha - 
wood grain chipboard Thickers
Wood Veneer Journal 3x4 card
Cocoa Card stock
Cashmere Cardstock
Kraft Cardstock
Red ribbon
CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge

No comments: