Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Find the Cure

I'm back with a project for the Cricut Circle Blog and the monthly challenge.


JUNE MONTHLY CHALLENGE: On the Road Again Challenge!

For a lot of us summertime means ROAD TRIP! For this challenge, we want you to create something . . . ANYTHING for your car! It can be a travel game, travel activity, organizer, whatever! Let your imagination run wild.




This summer we've had lots of road trips but not the fun kind where you get to go to a luxurious hotel or see the sights. Instead our summer road trips are my husband and I traveling an hour each way going to chemotherapy so I decided to make an awareness ribbon for my car.


Pink ribbons are well known for breast cancer but I had to look up the colors for lymphoma which to my surprise turned out to be cricut (lime) green. The colors don't show well in the photo because of the time of day I took the picture. Hopefully my little ribbon will grow awareness for this cancer that affects so many but yet is so unknown.



I used the ribbon from Pink Journey and cut it from cricut green vinyl. Then I took the phrase 'for the cure' from the same cart and cut from black vinyl. I used my gypsy to weld the word 'find' together from the Designer Calendar cart so I could switch it out for the word for. You gotta love the gypsy!!

I hope you enjoy my little project for our summer road trips and don't forget to click on the LLS link to find out more about lymphoma and how you can help find a cure.

Hugz
tina gale



1 comment:

Scrappin with the bug said...

What a great idea you made, but sorry you have to make them. I love the Ribbon and hope they find a cure for all cancers.

Good Luck to your hubby.

Terri