Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gettin Wet and a little personal update

Hello all! I know I promised these layouts a few weeks back but it just seems like life always gets in the way. I usually don't share a lot of personal stuff on my blog because originally I only blogged for me so I could go back and see I was accomplishing something. I never dreamed I would make so many friends or have people that wanted to follow me and my work. My blog has grown into a great network of women that inspire me and hopefully I can do the same sometimes.  I appreciate all of you that come to my blog and share your comments and friendship with me. So just a little update as to where I've been. My hubby has been ill for a couple of months and no one could diagnose what was wrong. We have spent a lot of days at various Dr's appts and two stays at the hospital. On May 25th we finally got the diagnosis that he has lymphoma. It was a great shock to both of us because he is so incredibly healthy and active. He has started chemotherapy and we still spend a lot of time at the Dr's but it's getting better and more of a routine so life is becoming a little more predictable. I have already received so much support and prayers from many of you that I chat with on the cricut message board and it means the world to me. We continue to ask you to keep us in your prayers and thoughts as we continue through treatment. One of the great shocks was to learn there is no cure for lymphoma but it can be managed very well through chemo. As I learn more about this journey we are taking I will be talking about it more on my blog to raise awareness of lymphoma and the many people that live with it. It is unthinkable in the world of science and technology we live in today that there are so many unknowns for this disease. I hope you'll join me in raising awareness of this disease and supporting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Association for finding a cure.

Now onto a brighter note. Here's another layout to go with the California Dreamin one I posted a couple of weeks ago. It's really a simple one and not a lot of cricut but enough to give the page that something extra.
The title gettin wet and papers are more from my TLC days of selling their product. They're no longer in business but they had fabulous paper and kits.
I added some cuts from cricut and Life's a Beach and had a really quick layout that's cute even if I do say so myself.

Recipe:
Fish 1 3/4 - Life's a Beach
Umbrella 3 1/2" - Life's a Beach
Various word stickers from Hobby Lobby
Paper Kit from TLC

I hope you enjoyed seeing another of my quick beach layouts. I have a couple more I'll be posting soon.
Hugz
tina gale

No comments: