Monday, April 9, 2012

You're Truly Original

Hello peeps! I hope you're having a fabulous Easter week. I'm here today with another hen and chick project from the sweetsassydiva Design team. If you came looking for the Magical Monday post where I feature a Disney project it will be up tomorrow. ;o)

I decided I wanted to play a little with my Imagine and my new Stamp of the Month from CTMH. I think they were a perfect match.


I started by filling my images with patterns from the Kate's Kitchen cart. This is my favorite way to use my Imagine. I mean how easy is it to create matching pattern papers without going through my whole stash. I put in all the layers I needed to create my chicken and then filled them with the colors I wanted. I did a couple of extra so I could use my leftovers for another card. Hop on over to my blog Wednesday to see it. Then I chose the layers I wanted and put her together. I inked the edges, added a little pen work and some chalk for her cheeks and she really came to life.


I stamped the crosshatch background with grey wool. The words were stamped with barn red and then cut out. I adhered then onto an oval milepost shape. I love these little corrugated cardboard shapes to create with. The green base was printed with the Imagine as well.

I hope you enjoyed my card today. It totally makes me laugh because I can't keep from thinking KFC Original or Extra Crispy. LOL Of course my daughter looks at me like I've lost my mind. haha

Here are all the Details:
Cricut Imagine
Imagine Kate's Kitchen
Cricut Animal Kingdom
CTMH Milepost Shapes
CTMH April Stamp of the Month You Are
CTMH Cocoa Ink Pad
CTMH Barn Red Ink Pad
CTMH Grey Wool Ink Pad

You can click on the links above to order any of the supplies I used or click the shopping cart below to shop for any of the great CTMH products.



Hugz

3 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a cute card! Thank you for the detail directions!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

OMGoodness this card is to cute! I love that you used the Kate's kitchen patterns for your hen! I don't know why I didn't think of this. lol I guess that is why others can inspire us!!

JJewel said...

Love the chicken!! What a great project!