Sunday, March 28, 2010

Khaki Tilda With Love

I've finished my second Tilda but struggled a lot with this one. I'm still not 100% pleased but can't think of anything else to do so here she is.
I colored her with my copics and used Basic Grey's Fusion line of papers to complete the card. The scalloped oval was cut with my cricut and the Storybook cart. The apple was a miscellaneous stamp that I cut out and popped up in her hand. I had the apple in her lap but my daughter asked me why the apple was suspended in air so I moved it to her hand. I'm still not sure what I could do to make her look like she's sitting.
I cut the oval and then around her legs to make her look like she was sitting in it. While I had my sewing machine out from the other card I decided to stitch around the base. I really like the look of sewing on cards. It adds such a nice touch.

I've entered this in the following challenges. Be sure to check them out and let me know if you enter as well.

Magnolia-licious Highlights - sketch      Upload by by March 31st
Basic Grey Challenge - BG product and fruit    This challenge closes on Friday the 2nd of April at 11.00pm
Critter Sketch Challenge - Blue, yellow, black, white, and red ( I used muted tones) Have your creations uploaded to our Mr Linkey no later than 5pm EST on Friday, April 2nd.
Magnolia Down Under - Magnolia stamp and stitching.  Join by Saturday April 3rd.
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 105 Dimension  Join by Wednesday March 31

That's it for today. Be sure to let me know what you think and any suggestions you have.
Have a Blessed day

5 comments:

Anne said...

I am not sure, but would she look like she is sitting more if you shadowed in the oval around her body?

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job coloring Tilda. I don't see anything wrong with your card. Add some embellishments and maybe some ribbon then you will be good to go!
:o)
~Pam L.

Tracey Feeger said...

Is that apple for Edward....??? LOL sorry couldn't help myself as it is red. Hehehe.
Gorgeous card. Beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

marsha said...

Beautiful Tilda card! I love your stitching - and thanks for visiting my blog!

Hugs,
Marsha

Carolyn said...

What a fantastic card. I love your papers and colors.
Hugs xx
Carolyn