Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunflower card from Stretch Your Imagination

I had a great time making this card and playing with the Stretch Your Imagination cart. This is the first time I used the card feature. It was super easy.
I cut the base from some gold cardstock and the frame from some goldish yellow cardstock. I then cut a chocolate chip cardstock to go inside of the card for the background color.
I couldn't stop there so I took the yellow cardstock and played with my cricut markers. I chose just the flower and cut it at the size of the one on the card with my markers and then pushed load last and cut it out. I attached it at an angle with pop dots. I then took some Sunburst Luster Rub-ons and rubbed it around the edges of the card and the center of the flower for a pearly effect. Then I took my dark brown marker and went over the seeds again to make them pop.
I took a little ladybug stamp I have and stamped the envelope.
I love this little card and it was really quick to do. I wish I had video taped it. I may have to make another to show the card feature and all the fun stuff you can do with it.
Hope you liked it and I'd love to hear your comments.
Have a great day

1 comment:

Stefy said...

I just got this cartridge for my anniversary. I love it! I made the tree for a swap I am doing. I usually don't like sunflowers, but I absolutely love yours! Great site!

stefy